The touch-me-not plant is a mysterious element not only because of its drooping reaction when touched but also because it is abundant in so many nutrients.
It’s antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, anti‐inflammatory, hepatoprotective, antinociceptive, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antidiarrheal, hypolipidemic activities, diuretic, antiparasitic, antimalarial, and hypoglycemic have been attributed to different parts of it.
It helps in the treatment of many disorders like piles, dysentery, sinus, insomnia, diarrhea, alopecia and is also applied to cure wounds for ages.
Touch-me-not plant helps as it has antibacterial, antivenom, antidepressant, aphrodisiac, anticonvulsant, anti-fertility and anti-asthmatic properties. It also have emetic, sedative and tonic properties. It is very rich in alkaloids, flavonoids, non-protein amino acid (mimosine), tannins, sterols, terpenoids, and fatty acids. All this makes the touch-me-not plant a helpful and healing herb.
PREPARATION: Boil 3 cups of water. Turn of the fire. Use a small handful of the dried herb and add it to the boiled water to steep for at least 30 minutes.